Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Saturday, November 26, 2011

How to change background color in applications?

Being an IT professional, i have to face the computer for quite a long time everyday. To reduce my eye strain, I usually change colors on screen to be a pleasantly comfortable one. Personally I dislike the pure white #FFFFFF which is the default one in most operating system. My favorite is #E4E4CB which is not too bright. How to achieve that to help my eyes?

In the Windows environment, one can change the appearance easily in the display properties. Here is the windows explorer on my computer.


In Mac, I searched for quite a long while but there seems to be no solution! The best one could do is to change the appearance as Blue or Graphite in System Properties -> General.

There are some software which can customize the whole theme, giving a totally new outlook. ShapeShifter may works in older version of Mac, but Mac OS X 10.7 the Lion is not supported. Candy Bar can customize the icons well, but I just want to change the colors. Mac fails! Anyone can help?

0 comments:

Post a Comment